Reporting at Penn State
As a member of the Penn State community, you are encouraged to report potential issues and concerns and/or raise questions if you learn about something that might not be consistent with the Penn State Values.
Use our reporting guide to learn ways to report misconduct and ethical concerns.
Training for employees is available on many of the above topics through the Office of Human Resources' Learning Resource Network at https://lrn.psu.edu/.
- Abusive or intimidating behavior that creates a hostile or offensive environment
- Cheating, plagiarism, or other violations of academic integrity
- Financial misconduct (falsifying expense reports, embezzlement)
- Research misconduct
- Stealing, theft, or misuse of University services or resources
- Substance abuse by an employee or student
- Sexual assault, harassment, or misconduct
- Violations of University policy and the Student Code of Conduct
- Violations of local, state, federal, and international laws and regulations that you encounter during your work at the University
- Violations of University environmental health and safety policies
AD88 – Code of Responsible Conduct
By-laws of The Pennsylvania State University (section 8.13)
HR91 – Conflict of Interest
RP06 – Disclosure and Management of Significant Financial Interests:
AD77 – Engaging in Outside Professional Activities (Conflict of Commitment)
AD85 – Sexual and/or Gender-Based Harassment and Misconduct (Including Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Related Inappropriate Conduct)
AD86 – Acceptance of Gifts and Entertainment
AD91 – Discrimination and Harassment and Related Inappropriate Conduct
SY01 - Environmental Health and Safety Policy
Centre County CAN HELP Line - 24-hour crisis hotline - 1-800-643-5432
Penn State Hotline
You may raise your concern anonymously if you choose to via the Penn State Hotline. And remember, Penn State policies protect you from retaliation if you raise a concern or ask a question in good faith.
- Fraud, financial, or fiscal issues
- NCAA Athletics violations or integrity concerns
- Organizational issues or misconduct
Report other concerns to the relevant University office or outside agency.
- Affirmative Action Office (AA0)
- Behavioral Threat Management Team (BTMT)
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
- Human Resources Strategic Partners
- Office for Research Protections
- Office of the Vice President for Educational Equity
- Office of Sexual Misconduct Prevention & Response (OSMPR)
- Office of Student Accountability and Conflict Response (OSACR)
- University Police
- ChildLine Portal
- Police and Emergency Responders